Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Lucky One.....Not So Much

So Friday night I went gambling with my H, mom, dad, and grandma. My dad gave me some money, and so did grandma for gambling. It was a blast. I think the funnest I had was with my dad teaching me the machines. The ONLY time I was really winning anything was with him.

When we got there it was stormy, and windy (My kind of weather ;)) We went in, and started playing the slots. I won some cash here, lost some there but was staying pretty balanced. I walked over to my grandma who was playing a slot, and she had me sit down for her and pull the slot. Well on lucky pull #3 I won $550. KABAAM! Lucky right?! Ehh for grandma was. I got $40 out of it. Anyways as the night went on we got some food. We were standing in line at the buffet (massive line mind you), and H whispered to me "I'm going to go over there, I'm not hungry." I already knew this was a lie since he uses this one often. I called him out on it, and he said I don't really want to get pushed around for food. So then I convinced everyone to go to the Cafe. I knew my dad really wanted the buffet but we'll go there without grandma, and get some during day. :)

So after a few hours of losing money everyone decided to call a quits....well everyone except grandma who was pushing 100 dollar bills in the machine as quickly as she was losing them. We rounded her up, and split.

It was definitely a good night.

The next day H signed up to enroll in the Police Academy, test for it anyways. He passed his physical, and won't know his written test results until 2 weeks pass. I guess they haven't opened up the testing since a few years back so we were pretty lucky to come across it. He came home around noon yesterday, and after we went to Sam's Club. LOVE IT THERE. We were pretty well trained to keep our noses out of the stuff we didn't really need, but wanted. We got out of there for $70 with a bunch of fruit, snacks, and healthy stuff. After that we came home, and relaxed the rest of the night.

I made the stuffed chicken breast with cream cheese and olives. I was not impressed. It didn't really have a flavor so it blended with the chicken. i probably wont be making it again, but it didn't turn out badly. Just too much work for and "ok" meal. I served it with chicken rice, and overcooked green beans.


He went to work at midnight, and I slept. Oh boy did I sleep! I just woke up today at 2pm. I feel like a teenager again! So I have started today with a much needed shower, and a bowl of oatmeal with fresh blackberries. YUM. Oh and of course a hint of sugar. We shall see what today holds.