Thursday, January 26, 2012

Life and its Crazy Ways

This morning I started out by waking up at 7:15. This is pushing it for me since work is 15 minutes away, starts at 8:00, and I had to.... (takes a deep breath)
  • Take a shower
  • Find clothes to wear
  • Find the keys
  • Take the dog out
  • Put on makeup
  • Brush hair
  • Eat breakfast
  • Make lunch
All in 30 minutes. Just as I was entering work thinking that I pulled it off I got a call from H. "Do you have the keys to the car?" OMG I did. Sitting in my purse from last night and of course we don't have a spare. So I pulled into work, ran up the stairs, and clocked in. Then I ran out (running because H had to be at work at 9:00am) and drove back home. Keys were dropped off, and I was on my way again to work. Whew! What a morning. Glad I had a little breakfast.

I have actually discovered something healthy that I love.

I have always stayed far away from V8. I dislike the smell, texture, and taste. H brought this home, and told me to try it. I believe we have the tropical orange. It is soo good, and made with 100% fruit. YUM. So I sipped on that this morning along with a toasted egg sandwich. The only reason I got to eat breakfast this morning is because of H. Thank you babe!

After work I have to stop by the grocery store (yuck) and pick up a few ingredients for this week's dinners. Hoping I follow through. Tonght I'm going to make Beef Stroganoff over noodles. It is so very very good. My mom gave me the recipe. Here it is!

Beef Stroganoff

1 Large Round steak (tenderized and cut into strips)
2 cups Sliced Mushrooms
16 oz Cream Cheese
16 oz Sour Cream
2 tbs. butter
1 cup beef broth
1 package of beef stroganoff mix (I buy McCormick)
1 tbs of parsley
Egg noodles

1. Cut steak into strips (or you can request meat depart. to do this for you). Brown in skillet over medium heat over a little bit of oil.

2. When lightly brown, add butter, mushrooms, beef broth, salt, and pepper.

3. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for about an hour or until meat is tender. 1/2 hour before it is done add the package of mix.

4. When done, turn off the heat and add the rest of the ingredients.

If it is too thick add a little milk, and if too thin add a little bit of corn starch.

Serve over noodles. Add a couple pinches of parsley.