Thursday, December 1, 2011

The South Beach Diet

So today both I and H decided we were going to go on the South Beach Diet. It sounds like a good healthy way to lose weight, and that is what we are looking for. I'm pretty excited to start tomorrow (December 2nd.) I will keep you updated on how I keep up. I am hoping I stick with it, and of course have my doubts because like any diet..you stop. But I am hoping to stop once I lose the weight I lose, and not necessarily stop, but learn to eat healthier and be a better cook. The recipes in the book seem somewhat simple, and easy. The number one problem I know I will face is....FISH. I cannot stand fish, and can't stand the smell. Never have. Also the book recommends a lot of tomato juice, and V-8. YUCK. But honestly to tell you the truth I am a horribly picky eater and I have grown up from the kid who "doesn't like their vegetables" to the "adult who doesn't like her vegetables." They say the first 2 days is the hardest so we shall see. We also came up with a plan to rid our cupboards and fridge of all the food that we wont be eating in phase 1. Makes sense right? That way it will be harder to grab something that your not suppose to have. That's my theory anyways. Here is the book:


So wish me luck, and hopefully I can lose the pounds that I desperately need to lose. AND hopefully I go from this:

To this:

~Katylou