Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Shopping Trip!

Whew! Thank goodness it is hump day! In this blog I am going to try to improve my grammar. I work with email all day long so I am always using shortcuts and abbreviations. I don't make any promises though. ;) I went on a major shopping trip last weekend and thought I would post what I bought. I usually tend to lean towards the "$5" shirts, and "$20" pants since I am constantly on a budget, but I went crazy last weekend! I bought the $10 stuff and the $40 clothes! Lol. I know pathetic. I bought this cute purple dress from Target. For some reason I have been really into purple.  

I also got a cute heart necklace with earring included. I love it. I usually get the $5 necklaces and earring so I can have quantity over quality but the necklaces start to smell really bad! I have no idea why but I refuse to buy them anymore. Then the cheap earrings always turn my ears green so exnay on that! I have been wearing the necklace everyday (I am very boring.) I also went shoe shopping! I seem to always collect a ton of shoes that don't fit me-hand me downs, old shoes that I don't want to depart with that arn't worth fixing, etc. So I went through my shoe closet and tossed many many pairs. I replaced them with tons of Old Navy flip flops which I love. They seem to last forever for me. I also bought some high heels. High heels are spelt out High HELLS for me. I always look look I have a stick up my ass when I walk in them. I have been working on that though so hopefully these will do me justice. I also bought another pair of black heels that are amazingly comfortable. I hope they last forever because I have NEVER ever found a pair of heels that fit me to a T. I bought these shoes from Famous Footwear. I just love the simplicity of these. They were only $25! I was impressed.
I also bought some tank tops from Kohls. I was pretty impressed with Kohls when I went. Usually the lines are crazy long but this time I glided right through. Definitely nice for a change since I lack in patience. Next I stopped by the Galleria Mall which is under construction at the moment. A man walked into the mall with a gun apparently, locked himself in a gamestop, and lit the place on fire. It has been about 6 months and they are STILL working on it. Man is ok by the way, just mentally ill. Continuing with my shopping I stopped by Bath and Body Works. I can't say that I love them but they definitely have some unique smells. I chose to get coconut passion fruit, and Ambur. My H is not a big fan of the ambur but to each his own. I also came home with face illuminator from Forever21. I tried it on the other day, and it didn't seem to cover up any of my blotches or acne. I have mild acne, nothing too bad. I just get sick of looking at it. So I put my regular covergirl makeup over it. OMG my acne dissapeared the next day. The only thing I changed in my normal makeup routine was that Forever21 illuminatior. Bizarre! I also bought some Neutrogena Rain. I have never heard or use any Neitrogina producs. My H insisted I buy it because it smells really good. I thought it smelt okay but I understood what he meant when I washed with it. The scent stays with you for almost the whole night. It also made my skin softer then what I usually use so that was a plus for me. I was a little dissapointed when I bought it from Target for $8 or $9 and saw it at Walmart for that price for the big bottle! I honestly think it smells a tad bit like old people but hey, I can dig it. ;)        
I of course did some shopping at Ross. It is one of my favorite stores for clothes, and home stuff in general. I have been trying to do more with my hair as well. It is pretty long, and to get it out of the way I usually just throw it up in a bun. Bad habit I think. H said that he likes braids so I have been working on learning a little bit about braiding. I know the basics but my mom never really knew how to french braid or fish tail so I never really looked into it. Its defitinely more challenging to learn something over a youtube video then watching it in person. For me anyways. I will have to post some pictures in the future to show some progress. I thought this was cute. I would NEVER ever get the courage to do that to my hair. I like my hair natural looking but it is definitely unique. It seems like the reality of things are not as fun as the expectations lol. I would love to meet someone who could pull off that hair color without looking like a clown. I am also curious to see what it would look like not braided.            
Well work is calling my name. I hope to post some more pictures or at least ones of the family. I have a camera that I love to take pictures with however I lost the charger. Unfortunately Kodak only sells their chargers online, and I can't just pick it up spur of the moment. I guess I need to suck it up and order the damn thing so I can take pictures when I want. Hopefully when I get home H will be motivated to go to the gym with me. Not fun to go by myself. Here's hoping!

Katylou