Thursday, July 21, 2011

Fun Day at the Zoo

So yesterday I had a vacation day from work so me and H went to the zoo. Here are a few pictures. :) We had a good time .Sorry for the somewhat bad pictures. I bought a new camera so I was trying to figure out the settings. We did miss out on our favorite animal which is the otter. We think they are hilarious, and too cute. They were making his habitat larger so it was under construction.
Snakey-Poo-We chose the reptile place first to get it over with. This is our least favorite place of the zoo.
I believe this is some type of a desert snake
Flamingos!
Kookaburra
This is the cafe we went to
Here is the food we ordered from the cafe. The cafe definitely did not have anything remotely healthy so we went with chicken strip basket, 2 medium drinks, and a cheeseburger basket. Total $24.68. Outrageous! Especially for cafeteria food.

Reaching for some leaves with his longggg neck
Bashful..he started pooping with I was taking a picture..so gross!
Eating
The sad tiger. He was pushed against the glass and everyone was tapping, and trying to get his attention.
He kept crying. :(

This guy walked right up to me. Notice he is missing his horn. Not much of a "Horn bill" but he was definitely the nicest.

The jags. This is when they both noticed us looking at them after they were playing

Just ducks..I thought they were cute tho

Monkey. He turned around right after.

Pronghorn

..I snapped a pic before he went into hiding

Shy zebras. I don't blame them!

Tiger again. He's got big feetsies.

Against the glass

Tiger

Anteater..they are so funny looking!

Cool looking birdie

I gotta say he was one of my favorites. He was missing his horn and he was so sweet. He let me take tons of pictures of him. 


All in all it was a great day. We also visited the Train Museum as well as the mall. Train museum pix to come. It was a little hot at the zoo-around 90 degrees or so. We got very lost getting to the zoo but once we did it was nice. Just like a mini vacation. Our next planned trip is the Wild Animal Park. I have never been there but H assures me it is amazing.

Katylou