Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Dinner Menu

So me and H are huge fast food junkies. We both totally suck at cooking (with good intentions), and usually anything we make is "eh." However it has come to the point where we are both completely sick of fast food, and would like to move on to some homemade food. We will be taking a cooking class in the future, but with our schedules it is totally out of the question at the moment. So we checked on some somewhat "healthy" but manageable recipes, and created a menu for this week. I am hoping we can keep to it. Here is what I have so far:

Thursday
Chicken Fried Steak
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
Fresh Green Beans

(Ok! Ok! I know you must be thinking that is so not healthy but I did pull it from eatingwell.com so I am sticking with it. Moving on....

Friday
BBQ Chicken Tenders
Homemade Ranch Dip
Fruit
(again pulled from Eating Well, and we have a ton of bbq sauce that needs to be used up)

Saturday
Beef Stew
Cornbread
(My FIL makes amazing beef stew which I got the recipe from so I'm hoping it turns out somewhat good like his)

Sunday
Pork Chops with Apples
Mashed Potatoes

Monday
Sourdough Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Salad
Tomato Soup for DH (Yuck!)

Tuesday
New York Steak
Corn on the Cob

Wednesday
Chicken Parmesan Sandwich OR Cheese quesadillas with fresh salsa and guacamole
(I'm not sure I will like the chicken parm so I am using the quesa's as a backup. ;)

Then of course Thursday is Turkey Day.