Tuesday, August 16, 2011

RIP our Shrimp

So on Friday I went to the dentist for the first time in a while. I had one baby tooth that needed to be pulled. I told them to go for it, and they did a filling as well since my mouth was going to be numb for the extraction. Let me tell you...I love the eating habits it has caused. As you know I have been trying to drop a few (ok more then a few) pounds so having a sore mouth does not exactly improve ones appetite. Each piece of food I eat I have to chew a hundred times, and can only eat small quantities. I was a little dissapointed though that they told me that I would have to get either a bridge or an implant. I decided an implant would be the best for me. They said that implants go around 3-5 thousand dollars. Ouch! Not exactly looking forward to breaking the bank but it will be so worth it not to have a hole in my mouth. It is in the back but even so. :(

RIP our french accented shrimp. H was creating a saltwater aquarium, and we bought a red shrimp for the tank first (along with liverock, sand, etc.) Now I say french accented because when my dad came over he decided that he was french. So funny. So yesterday the shrimp was on his back and kicking. H was hoping that he was molting or something but sadly no. He died this morning. Here is what he looked like:
So we are starting over and creating a freshwater aquarium. More on our level of expertise I think. We really don't have the time or money to care for a saltwater aquarium but I do give H credit for trying, and maintaing one for 2 months. Today he is going to PetCo to check out what they have and such. Since my clutch has gone out in my car I have been driving H's truck. So this morning I took his set of keys, and mine by accident. I always leave him a set of keys just in case. He will drive my car from here to there but using it everyday for me to drive to work will be bad. So this morning I drove back home to give him a set of keys. It was nice seeing  him anyways since we really don't have a lot of time together with him taking classes, and working full time. 

Also our auto insurance is expiring so we were checking out other insurance companies for a better rate. I was so excited that the newest cheapest for us was Geico. I love the little gecko. I have always wanted the insurance just for the gecko.hehe. Isn't he adorable?


-Katylou