Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Go Healthy!

So I found this website that I absolutely love! It is livestrong.com. I have been using the "My Plate" feature which keeps track of all your calories and exercise. I love it. I have been working on losing weight and so far within the last week I have lost 2lbs. Pretty good start I think! I have been working on eating healthier and keeping track of the calories I eat. It hasn't been too hard. I figured out that the more I excercise the more calories I get to eat..hehehe. So there is my motivation! Yesterday H and I went to the lake with Pyro. We took Pyro in the water with us and he was not a happy camper to say the least. I got a huge sunburn on my back. My bathing suit top had extra length in back so it covered half my back. I have a huge white blob in the middle of my back! lol. So I definitely need to hang out by the pool to even that out. I also found a recipe that I really like. It is blueberry oatmeal muffins. They are actually pretty healthy for you when it comes to muffins. They were yummy and way easy to make! Here is the recipe I got from Taste of Home:

                           Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins Recipe


Nutrition Facts: 1 muffin equals 167 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.


Ingredients

  • 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup quick-cooking oats
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries

Directions

  • In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine the egg, yogurt and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
  • Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.